On a glorious summers day in the the searing heat of the Quantocks, 16 LSGC seniors (& vets) started and 16 returned to the clubhouse unscathed apart from bruised egos, cries of 'banditry' and faces like boiled lobsters.
- Glyn Ottery and Steve Uzzell lived up to their 'dream team' billing by securing our only win 3&2. Well done guys!
- Jimmy Q standing on the 1st tee shouting "where is everyone?" the only time Jim and partner Len (aka Wit & Grit) were in front losing 3&1.
- Chris Hockey chipping in on the 7th after driving in the water for a 3 nett 2. Well done partner.
- Doug Hamilton asserting "Tony (26 handicap) needs fitting for a poncho and sombrero"
- Alex Morrice sending his trolley for a trip through the bunker on the 10th
- Martin Abbott winning the nearest the pin in 3 prize on the 18th. Jimmy saying that was for 4....no Jim it WAS 3. Well done Martin and unlucky Jimmy.
- Dave Harfield (with partner Franco) saying "They had a nett 70...what can you do?"....answers on a postcard.
- Finally, after a fire alarm the players and Enmore staff were treated to the sight of Alex in his underpants arriving at the fire assembly station followed by Franco. A sight for sore eyes!!
Overall we had a fantastic day despite losing 5-3 halving four matches. Big thanks to a really sporting and friendly Enmore team led by Captain Steve and without exception we all had fun - well most of us!!
We look forward to our return match on 9th August
My thanks to all the team